Disruptive Technologists: Radical Health Tech Innovation
Monday, September 16, 2019
6:15 PM to 8:45 PM
11 Times Square. New York, NY
Health and Wellness professionals and organizations face unprecedented challenges to improve quality, reduce harm, improve access, increase efficiency, eliminate waste and lower costs. Tech innovation is a major focus and the industry is welcoming an explosion of innovations designed to improve, among other things, life expectancy and quality of life.
Radical, revolutionary, transformational and exponential innovations are fundamentally disrupting old systems, creating new market constituents and new markets, while marginalizing old ones. Technology’s nonlinear pace of progress will almost certainly create substantial disruption in health, wellness and medical processes, technologies, and business models.
MEET THE PANELISTS
1. Michael Frank: Pfizer/ Director R&D Drug Strategy – AI tilts scale for worldwide trials.
2. Paul Sohmer: CEO & Board Director, SRI International Biosciences Division, medical devices, clinical services, diagnostics
3. Guillermo C. Artiles: McCarter & English / Lead in the Firm’s Cannabis practice — Innovative takes on the product from the way it’s cultivated to the way it is applied for medical and other purposes.
4. Luigi Pesce Ibarra: Neuroscientist Ph.D. in Health, Brain Rehabilitation – electrophysiology.
5. Marlin Jenkins: Neture Inc. / Founder & CEO Leveraging broadband to bring medical services to underserved communities.
Fireside Chat Experts:
6. Caitlyn Kuan: Founder, Kuan Advisory Ed Tech & Robo Automated Legal
7. Chris Bradley: Co-Founder of Mana Health
8. Jim Schachter: News VP at WNYC public radio
9. Nina Knox: Strategic Advisor Healthereum blockchain
Microsoft Reactor Host:
Sep DiMeglio, developer audiences & AI Advocate, Microsoft.
Oliver Christie, AI Strategist & Founder, Foxy Machine: Artificial Intelligence consulting, strategy, research.
Fireside Chat Moderator:
Bruce Epstein, Knowledge Wizard, Aebis, leveraging critical info through AI.
Master of Ceremonies/Podcast Host
Dania Hammad: Dose of Dania
Jeffrey Paul & Steve Durham from Ziotag: advanced deep tagging.
Drinks & Munchies: Cookies** Essence Water from Hint ** Gourmet Sandwiches **Wine from Dana **Beer
**EXTRA Special Thanks to our Disruptive Technologists® Think Tank Council & Events Sponsor-Partner: McCarter & English and David Sorin, Partner & Chair – Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Company Practices
** AND EXTRA Special Thanks to Microsoft Reactor #MSFTReactor
Slides From The Event:
“Our Mission is to inspire, guide, advise, teach, change and create disrupters.”
300 attendees per event
1,000 weekly readers
40 think tank members
30 team members
Disruptive Technologists Are:
Developers, founders, investors, hackers, startups, professors, students, journalists, media, vendors, corporations, and entrepreneurs.
Our events are held at Microsoft in Times Square, and average 300 people each time. (The room holds 280 but people come and go so we let a few more in).
We are a well-respected, women-run team heading what I would like to call a “Cheerleading” organization, meaning that in return for sponsorship, we give:
Marketing, Branding, Goodwill, Promotion.
The DT Toolbox:
We do this through our toolbox of services, skills, and products-
Panelist positions • Speaker positions • Digital Publication articles • Newsletter articles • Social Media Network • Podcasts • Videos • Quarterly Events at Microsoft in Times Square • Think Tank Council • Think Tank Dinners • Think Tank Council 1-Hour Meetings • Logos, Links, Graphics • Giveaways • Books (quotes) • Research • Curated Columns • People Connections • Use of the registered name “Disruptive Technologists”
Founder & Publisher:
212 300 4084
Our Event Site:
Disruptive Technologists 2020 Lineup
Disrupting Education & Diversity
2020 Q1 – 3/23/20
Tech’s effect on bias, education, and teaching.
Disrupting Charities & Humanitarian Work
2020 Q2 – 6/22/20
Tech’s effect on non-profits, community, and aid.
Disrupting Family Life
2020 Q3 – 9/14/20
Tech’s effect on family systems and relationships.
2020 Q4 – 12/14/20
Tech’s effect on politics, voting, and representation.